Friday, May 22, 2009

Return of "Anatomy of a Crappy Song"

A small few of you might remember this feature from my MySpace Blog... I haven't written one of these since late 2006, but they were fun as hell to do. I was just reading over my old blog, and until I got to one of the last "Anatomy of a Crappy" song installments, I'd almost forgotten about it.

I think I had been discussing one of the chosen crappy songs about a week ago with Gail, who reminded me that I'd written about it, but I'd forgotten that I had turned it into a series.

And it's a series I want to bring back, because the ones I did were funny (at lease *I* think they were). I mentioned in Blog 1 that I wanted to repost some of my older ones anyway, and these are the ones that even make *me* laugh.

To the best of my knowledge, the series included:

We Built This City by Starship
Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
and by request, Hangin' Tough by NKOTB

There might have been more, I'll have to look.

My plan is to repost the old ones and then start new ones. Requests for songs you think are insanely dumb and would like me to shred apart in my own special way are more than welcome.

So now I ask - is this worth doing?
I'd like to inspect the interest level before I bug everyone with my stupidity. If it's worth it, choose the "like" option on the Facebook link to this post, or leave a comment here.

Kthxbai.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, post them....I thought they were funny. And I'll try and think of some dumbass songs for you to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wherever whenever by Shakira would be a fun candidate imo ;)
    Just stumbled upon your blog, and these song thingies are real fun!

    ReplyDelete